Monday, September 20, 2010

Hiroo Surf CONTEST 2010

Sunday the 19th was the annual Hiroo Surf Contest. The weather (and the waves) looked suspect when we started to set up at 5am, but it all turned out GOOD.
9月19日の日曜日は広尾サーフィン大会がありました。最初に天気と波は怪しかったけど、うまく行きました。飲み会も最高でした!



Ken-chan (...is an idiot)





Nakamura-san





Touichiro heading for the nose





Pro-longboarder Kubo





Pro-longboarder Shohei Akimoto riding the nose





My partner in commentary. I did the English while NABE did the Japanese. Of course, seeing as I was the only foreigner there, it could be said we didn`t really need an English commentary. I was up for it though.





Shortboard FINAL





Shunsuke





Tsutomu





Longboard FINAL





MHM helping to finalise the results





The two pro-longboarders wanted to have a photo taken with me. What can I say, I`m kind of a big deal around here.





MHM with the Xua-tsis at the after-party





With the President, Kawa-san and Ken-chan





With Nakamura-san





With Kawa-san and Xua-tsi

4 comments:

xua-tsi said...

わんや(笑)
ウケすぎ!!!!!

楽しかったですね〜♪
今度はRoosterさん家でパーティーしましょう!!!!!
花火用意しなきゃ♪

テヘへへへへへ・・・♪

Rooster said...

パーティーOK。

花火OK。

ハイ・テンションOK。

WOOOOOOOOOOOO!

VancityAllie said...

That looks like so much fun Rooster! When are you gonna come surf in Tofino? :)

Rooster said...

Yeah, it turned out really good! Funny you say that though, as I am actually going to Brooks, Alberta in October accompanying a homestay trip! No time in Vancouver though...