Sunday, December 6, 2009

First TURN of the Season!















Out to KD with MH for the first expedition of the season. Crashed in the car the night before (WISH I lived closer to the mountains - frigid!) but on Saturday the weather was perfect, the snow was good, and the hike was easy! Took about an hour ten to get to the cornice. We coulda/shoulda/woulda gone to the peak, but it didn`t end up happening today. My first turn, as you can see, was pretty sweet, but after that it was pretty tracked out in the open areas. I tried to fight my way through the trees to get the untouched stuff. I wasn`t very successful though! MH said the same thing. I can STILL picture that first turn, so I was pretty happy with the day. Just warming up, after all. The yoga mat did come out on Sunday morning though - muscles were JUST aching...

Photos by MH. Riding by the Rooster.

2 comments:

VancityAllie said...

WOW! Look at that first turn... so much pow, looks fantastic.

Glad to hear you had a good time.

I'm pretty much the same way, my muscles are SOOOO sore.

Rooster said...

Ha ha, the first turn was the best. After that I fought my way through the trees!