Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Seagaia Ocean Dome RIP

Found this over at algarvesurfphotos@blogspot.com (which looks like quite a cool blog, despite the fact that I can`t understand a word of Portuguese!) and had to find out a little more about this place. It`s the Seagaia Ocean Dome in Miyazaki (southern Japan), which was the world`s largest indoor beach - it actually just closed down on the 1st of October 2007. From what I could find out, it cost 2600 yen for adults to enter and the surfing was just part of the show. Not sure if you could just turn up and surf, but I have a feeling I read somewhere that you could book it out for two hours at 100,000 yen (but I could be wrong!)

Check out another article here. Seems crazy that real beaches are so close!

Looks pretty fun though. Check out some videos.



3 comments:

JaySee said...

Pretty sweet dude!
Reminds me of the wedges back home...

Rooster said...

Would like to have given it a try for sure! Still there's always the Tomamu wave pool...

Bamz said...

Thanks for sharing video.
Seagaia Ocean Dome, The world's largest indoor water park.